Extended Safety Features and Specific Standards Explained. Some types of popular work related tactical style boots and footwear include the following:
- Tactical Duty Boots
- Midrise Duty Boots
- Athletic Oxford Shoes
- Dress Shoes
Work boots have evolved to meet changing needs in various workplace environments. Tactical Work Boots have risen in popularity. Tactical means: of or concerning to specific procedures aiding in a bigger purpose or made to be performed with only a specific need in view, a tool in preparation or strategy to achieve a objective. Tactical Duty Boots are designed to provide protection in extreme circumstances and fluid movement with minimal noise.
Safety features have been specifically developed for modern Workplace Duty Boots.
The standards used during production are also detailed, highlighting the quality and protection levels guaranteed by particular products.
Searching for safety tactical work boots that comply with safety boot standards can be tricky if you don’t know what to look at. Compliance with the safety toe ratings set by the ASTM is a perfect place to start. ASTM International, formerly known as the American Society for Testing and Materials, grades materials internationally for various uses. When it comes to the best protective footwear ratings for a non slip work boots, or an electric hazard boot, knowing safety standards is a must. Many tactical work boot safety features protect from blood borne pathogen protection and provide complete metatarsal protection. Information on these features, as well as standards concerning non slip work boot with slip resistant work boot protection, are listed below..
Certifications for types of Tactical Work Boots may include the following:
- SAFETY TOE – IMPACT Ratings: I/75 Tactical work boots have a .50 in (½ in) for men’s and .468 inch (15/32 in) in at women’s with better clearing with a minimal impact of 75 foot-lbs, a 50 lb object plunged from a foot and a half at 2.4 inches per second velocity at contact.
- COMPRESSION SANDARDS: Class C/75 work boots retains .50 in with impact compressions of 25 hundred lbs. Must meet ASTM 2413-05 M/I/75/C/75 ratings.
- BLOOD BORNE PATHOGEN: Airy, watertight impermeable barricade able to resist blood borne pathogens at minimal, one hour and compared according with ASTM F 1671, Standard Tests measuring resistance of liquids
- METATARSAL PROTECTION: Grade Mt/75 tactical work wear has .50 in (½ in) men & 15/32 in Women’s, with a minimal blow at 75 ft lbs (101.7J)
- SLIP-RESISTING STANDARDS: Tactical Work Boot Wear created using a static coefficient of friction of more than .5 analyses according with ASTM F 489 utilizing a Jms Static Co-efficient Friction device.
- WATERPROOF TECHNOLOGY: Tactical Boots having waterproof breathable watertight impermeable barricade covering with water-resistant lining specifically for Blood Borne Pathogen/Liquid Materials Compliance.
- ELECTRICAL HAZARD: Protective Workwear Tactical Gear designed and made resistant to electric shock at the soles, including the heels. Particularly capable of enduring applications up to14,000 vlts at 60 Hz sustained 60 seconds w/out current stream or leakage of any current in excess of 3.0 milliamperes in non-moist circumstances.
- ELECTRIC SHOCK RESISTANCE: Checked for and meets CAN/CSA-Z195 Electric Volt Shock Repellant Requirements: The Tactical Work-boot ideally meets CAN/CSA-Z195 18,000 volts Electric Shock Resistance Stdrd.
- POSTAL CERTIFIED: Tactical Work Boots displaying the SR/USA mark are created in accordance and standards with USPS 89 and have standard slip-sole resistance (ASTM F 489), internal source end, water resilience (ASTM D 2099) certifications; and ASTM 2413-05 criterion for shielding footwear. Certified by the US Postal Service as well as the Dept. of Navy, Navy Clothing & Textile Facility.
- NON-MARKING: Will resist leaving surface scum and scuff when weathered in accordance to MIL-S-22777 par. 4.5.1.